[Balug-admin] Re: LVM presentation web materials, etc.

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Sat May 21 12:42:01 PDT 2005

A few items:

I'm about to send a message to the "talk" list about the web pages.  At the
presentation, I did say I'd put something out on the "talk" list.  Most of the
basic stuff is "done", ... but there's still more to do/add (and tweak a bit).
I was thinking we might later mention their availability on the "announce"
list - it's supposed to be a low-traffic list :-) ... and the web pages are
still a somewhat moving (being updated) target at present (some significant
stuff still to be added, etc.).  Perhaps mentioning it along with item that
goes out announcing (/reminding folks of) the next BALUG meeting.

Also, did someone record the audio?  If so, might we/I be able to get that
recording in a format we might be able to make accessible to folks?  That
might be particularly useful for folks that didn't make the meeting.

Also, for the BALUG site, if we want a copy of most or all of the stuff
there ... just let me know - I can put together a tar.gz (or .bz2 or
.zip or whatever) file to perhaps more easily get a full consistent set, etc.
As I mentioned earlier, also (at least roughly), the version(s) on my web
pages may evolve/morph and/or move over time, ... BALUG might want a more
static version for the BALUG site itself, more specifically covering and tied
to the 2005-05-17 presentation.

I/we might also want to do something with the photographs that were taken.
The full resolution ones (though very nice that they exist and are available)
are probably too large for general use on the web site(s) ... but perhaps I/we
may grab the fulls, and do some editing to produce a nice set of more
browser-friendly images to cover shots taken at the meeting.