[balug-admin] Who does/doesn't have the listadmin password, misc. contact information, etc.

Thu Jun 15 02:11:16 PDT 2006

Quoting Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>:
> Quoting Xavier (balug-talk@xav.to):
> Larry tells me that people who _probably_ have the listadmin password are:
> Larry Platzek
> Michael Paoli
> Ann E. Worley
> Xavier
> Dick Verna
> Rick Moen
> (I don't yet have addresses for Ann or Dick, but will probably look
> around.)

If I'm not mistaken, I do not have the current listadmin password, but
I do have "admin" access for changing the BALUG web site.  If the
listadmins see fit (should probably be a consensus decision) to provide
me the current listadmin password, I've no objection to that.  Can't
promise I do or would always have time to deal with listadmin stuff
... but I of course can't really do much of anything regarding the
actual administration of the lists themselves (or even inspecting
their settings) if I don't have the listadmin password.

Ann's address can be derived from here:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2006-March/000143.html
Dick's e-mail can be found here:
http://www.balug.org/
(look for the link towards right of web page, and about 2/3 of the way
down the web page).
I was also advised that it's often
better/faster to contact Dick by phone, particularly if one needs to
be sure he's made aware of something and/or it comes to his attention
in a reasonably timely manner.  Again, Larry or someone else might
have that phone number more handily available.  If it's needed, ...
I've also got it, but I might have to dig a bit to locate it again
(haven't needed to use it ... yet.)

> > I was the one who implemented the password change after a small
> > consensus and passed it on to Larry/Dick.

Yes, probably good to change it at least once in a while (like if it
gets leaked/exposed, or someone ceases to be a listadmin, or probably
at least quarterly if any usage forces it to go across the network in
cleartext, and probably at least yearly at a minimum in any case).