[balug-admin] Jobs postings have moved to balug-talk

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 16 19:02:57 PDT 2006

[Hoping you don't mind my CCing back to balug-admin.]

Quoting Larry Platzek (larryp@inow.com):
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:38:13 -0700
> >From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> >To: Larry Platzek <larryp@inow.com>
> >Cc: balug-admin@lists.balug.org, Dick Verna <rverna01@gmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [balug-admin] Jobs postings have moved to balug-talk
> >
> >Quoting Larry Platzek (larryp@inow.com):
> >
> >>Dick Verna's and mine opion was/is that if a company wants to post job
> >>opennings they should be willing to speak to the group (we are short of
> >>speaker
> >> for balug).
> >
> >An excellent idea.  Should we make this official on the balug-talk
> >listadmin page text?
> >
> I know I had asked someone to do that but it was not acted on, so please
> do so.

OK, I've so noted on the balug-talk listinfo page
(http://lists.balug.org/listinfo.cgi/balug-talk-balug.org), sort of like
this:

   Linux jobs postings are welcome from companies intending to give a
   technical presentation at an upcoming BALUG meeting. If we see a
   job-offer posting from you, we expect to see a talk proposal [link]
   around the same time.  (Companies not prepared to speak may want to
   post elsewhere, such as SVLUG Jobs [link] or BayLISA Jobs [link].

Please let me know if I got that wrong, and I'll be glad to fix.