[Balug-Admin] stuff for announce - speakers, $13, book(s)/swag, etc.

Wed Aug 15 08:17:46 PDT 2007

stuff for BALUG announcment ... anything to add to this?

I'll probably send it out late today or tomorrow A.M.

items to cover:

talk/presentation (community colo)

$13.00 for dinner ($12.00 to restaurant) (modest price increase, first
time the restaurant part of the price has gone up in many years - perhaps
in the whole history of BALUG).

LWCE "swag" - we have a bunch of books (and some other items too) ... will
probably give at least some of that away as "door prizes" at the next
BALUG meeting - I was thinking we'd "meter" them out - not try to give
them all out at one meeting ... have a fair number of books.  Might also
give away more swag at meetings where we don't have speaker/presentation,
and somewhat less where we do have speaker/presentation.

BALUG fortune cookie - probably at least a bit of a mention about that.

Anything else to cover?

references/excerpts:

----- Forwarded message from Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu> -----