[BALUG-Admin] time to change list ... passwords

Wed Apr 15 20:43:09 PDT 2009

Looks like "Moderator" password is a non-issue[1].

"Admin" passwords were changed earlier, ... so we should be in
pretty good shape at this point.

footnotes/references/excerpts:
1. once upon a time the "Moderator" password was set.  The one I had in
my notes was, I believe, passed to me the same time the "Admin" password had
been much earlier passed to me.  I'm also fairly certain "way back then"
I verified that each password worked on each of the lists.  Seems "Moderator"
password/functionality is disabled (as we desire it), as A) I checked, and
the old "Moderator" password no longer works, and B) the GUI admin stuff
quite effectively states that the "Moderator" role only works if both a
password is set for it, and an email is set for "Moderator" - and I
checked and all three lists have no email set for "Moderator" - so I believe
that effectively disables any "Moderator" capability or login - so I think
we're well covered there.