[Balug-talk] Oct. 7 Linux Users Group of Davis: AMD64/Linux: the platform of choice

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 16 00:51:02 PDT 2003

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  October 7th, 2003
  6:30pm - 9:00pm
  (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)

The meeting will be held at a SPECIAL location, due to elections:

  Kemper Hall (aka EUII)
  Room 1131
  UC Davis
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  AMD64 and Linux: The platform of choice
  presented by: Marc Miller, of AMD

    What is the AMD64 platform?  Why AMD64 on Linux?  What Linux
    distributions are available for AMD64?  What compilers and tools
    can/should I use if I'm developing for the platform?

    A collection of books, t-shirts and other prizes will be raffled!

For details on this meeting, visit:

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

pr at lugod.org

(Your address: balug-talk at balug.org )