[BALUG-Talk] Fwd: Re: Linux Lawyers

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 18 06:00:55 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from soulattorney at gmail.com -----
     Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:04:05 -0700
     From: Martyn <soulattorney at gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: Linux Lawyers
       To: balug-speaker-coordinators at balug.org

Hi Micheal -

Once again thank you very much for the opportunity to speak to the
BALUG today. It was a wonderful learning experience with the
participants.  Here are a list of the applications I find essential in
making my solo practice viable:

scan2pdf - primarily for scanning documents into pdf form; also
performs OCR (tessaract)
Xournal - primarily for annotating pdfs
Chromium - for legal research in Google Scholar and bookmarking
results according to subject or client
Firefox - for web based communication with federal Electronic Case
Filing and PACER system research; I use Racer add-on (legal case cite
archiving for research from PACER
Gmail in Prism -
Thunderbird with Lightning and Google calendar sync add-on
Tomboy notes
OpenOffice for pleadings and correspondence
PDF Chain - control, manipulation and file naming
PDF Shuffler - import export delete rearrange pages
Sound Recorder - for recording speeches at seminars, meetings, sip and skype
Dropbox - cloud backup
Ear Candy - sound control betw applications

Next Frontier: SIP phone administration, Video Calls and Presentations

Best regards,
Marty

Martyn Collins, Esq.
All-Access Law
PO Box 70323
Pt. Richmond, CA 94807-0323
t: 510.621.3163
martylawyer at gmail.com
Chat Google Talk: martylawyer Skype: martycollins.esq
Contact Me Linkedin <www.linkedin.com/martyncollins>Facebook
<www.facebook.com/martycollinsesq>Last.fm
<www.last.fm/martycollins>Twitter <www.twitter.com/martycollinsesq>

--- @ WiseStamp Signature