[BALUG-Talk] BALUG-Test list

Thu Jul 20 00:35:26 PDT 2017

The BALUG-Test list has been created (actually it was created a bit
earlier, and also slightly mentioned on:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-announce-balug.org/2017-July/000718.html
).  It's up and running on the host where the BALUG lists will be
migrated to.  Feel free to (at least reasonably) test it - see relevant
policy, etc. on the list page itself:
Note that the host isn't high bandwidth or especially high reliability,
but for the most part it should be up, online, and quite reasonably
functional.  Certainly feel free to let me know if you see any problems
with it.  Myself and Rick Moen (Thanks Rick!) are the listadmins on the
list.

Note that BALUG lists will be moving from lists.balug.org to
temp.balug.org - and will eventually resettle back on lists.balug.org
after we've fully removed BALUG from all DreamHost.com hosting.

Also, at the persent time, on temp.balug.org, with our quite good (but
bit aggressive) anti-spam in place:
If mailman email command has a blank body (after stripping of images,
etc.), the anti-spam will reject it.  Work-around is to add the command:
end
(on a line by itself) to the body of the message.  The relevant texts
have been adjusted (let me know if I missed any).
Also, sometimes email sent may be "greylisted" - so don't always expect
that email will instantly be processed - sometimes there may be a delay
of a couple minutes or more.

If interested, one can also see quite a bit regarding development and
testing on the list, most notably on the list itself, the BALUG-Admin
list, and also on wiki page (which again is slightly out-of-date).
https://temp.balug.org/pipermail/balug-test/
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:mail_and_lists