[BALUG-Talk] FHS, ro /usr ?, separate (or not) /boot, etc.

Akkana Peck akkana@shallowsky.com
Fri Jul 21 17:18:44 PDT 2017

Rick Moen writes:
> As to vfat for /boot, sure that's simple and universal, but you pay the
> price that it's very much not robust.

Definitely agree. I wouldn't use any FAT on a normal Linux system.
But it probably does make sense for Raspbian, since many Raspbian
users have no other Linux system available, and have to use a Mac or
Windows box to burn their SD cards. I'm seeing a surprising number
of people on RPi IRC channels who bought their Pi as a cheap and
easy way to teach themselves Linux, with no previous Linux exposure.

        ...Akkana