[Balug-admin] laptop --> video for 2004-04-19, etc.

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Mon Apr 18 20:00:08 PDT 2005

I'll bring laptop for the 2004-04-19 meeting.

If we have there whatever we need to hook it up for video/projector,
I should be set to run some tests - checking on optimal resolution for
whatever we'd be using for presentation.  If that works reasonably well,
I could then put together presentation materials for 2004-05-17 meeting
(or a later date if there's something else we'd rather do for the
2004-05-17 meeting).  That would also allow us to know what resolution(s)
are optimal for our setup, so we could pass that information on along to
future presenters and potential presenters.

For video output ports, my laptop has:
VGA (SXGA+)
SVHS (I've not tested that, and not planning to anytime soon)
DVI - but only via docking station (which I haven't obtained)

Anyway, VGA type output is probably least common denominator in terms of what
most folks coming in with a laptop (or other computer) would have for doing
a presentation, so it's probably most useful to test against that anyway.

references/excerpts:
http://lists.balug.org/private.cgi/balug-admin-balug.org/2005-March/000017.html
http://lists.balug.org/private.cgi/balug-admin-balug.org/2005-March/000020.html