2005-10-18 BALUG presentation? [:-)] {Re: [Balug-admin] A speaker/presentation for BALUG meeting - on Shell Programming, to be held at the ...}

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Fri Sep 2 19:56:33 PDT 2005

Well, not quite confirmed yet, but at the moment it looks rather to quite
probable I'll be able to do shell presentation at the 2005-10-18 BALUG
meeting.  I'll likely be able to have a confirmation on availability for
that date within the next several days or so (i.e. probably have update
and likely confirmation by <~= 2005-09-05).  I'd probably also provide some
suitable text blurbs (e.g. for web site, and draft for announcement(s), etc.)
at or around that time too.

Presuming I'm able to confirm, as I likely anticipate,
I might also suggest for the announce list, when we send out "reminder"
for the Sept. meeting, we could include a rather to quite brief blurb about
the Oct. meeting presentation.  I'd suggest it be relatively brief so as not
to detract from the Sept. meeting (e.g. if the Sept. meeting announcement/
reminder did more to promote the Oct. meeting than the Sept. meeting,
folks could be relatively discouraged to go to the Sept. meeting - especially
if we don't have presentation/speaker lined up for Sept. meeting).  Then
a bit after the Sept. meeting, we could send out an announcement having more
details about the Oct. meeting.

So, ... watch this space for updates. :-)

Quoting Michael Paoli: