[Balug-admin] (forw) [Balug-announce] SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics)

Larry Platzek larryp@inow.com
Fri Feb 10 09:46:17 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Rick Moen wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:10:47 -0800
> From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> To: balug-admin@lists.balug.org
> Subject: [Balug-admin] (forw) [Balug-announce] SWE,
>     Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics)
>
> I'm guessing that posting permissions for balug-announce need to be
> restricted, as my understanding is that it's supposed to be a
> low-traffic place for announcements of BALUG and similar _events_ by
> authorised parties, only.
>
> I do not have the listadmin password for balug-announce.  Someone else
> will have to fix this.  I recommend changing the listwide setting that
> makes it a moderated mailing list (to turn on moderation), and then
> flipping on the Moderated bit for almost all subscribers in the
> subscribers roster.
>
> The Moderated flag should be left turned off for people we trust to send
> only appropriate announcements.  The result will be that all other
> postings will be held for listadmin review.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Elizabeth Palmore <epalmore@pixar.com> -----
>
> To: balug-announce@lists.balug.org
> From: Elizabeth Palmore <epalmore@pixar.com>
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 15:57:53 -0800
> Subject: [Balug-announce] SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics)
>
> Software Engineer, Production Engineering
> Pixar Animation Studios
> Emeryville, CA

big snip.

> ----- End forwarded message -----

Rick, are you objecting to the message on the announce list?

Would you have liked the posting to the talk list?

The posting to the list was done Feb. 8 and not seen untill the Feb 10.

Was the posting not held untill someone approved it?

In fact I know it was approved by someone, me.

I am glad you are concerned the posts by non members are moderated.

I think all three lists are moderated. Note said "think" will check on
later today.

Larry Platzek  larryp@inow.com