[balug-admin] Fwd: LinuxWorld BoF: Network, Device, and Environment Monitoring, Wednesday, 2006-08-16, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Fri Jul 21 02:31:33 PDT 2006

preface notes: I stuck the URL back together (looks like it had gotten
folded), and at least based upon last year, I don't think there's a
particularly "hard stop" at, or at least shortly after 7:00 P.M., but that
might be a bit different 30/60/120/??? minutes later.

----- Forwarded message from Peter Mui <pmui@groundworkopensource.com> -----
    Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:55:23 -0700
    From: Peter Mui <pmui@groundworkopensource.com>
 Subject: Announce LinuxWorld "Monitoring All Stars" BoF to BALUG? (and others)

Hi Michael, here's a revised BoF announcement.

At LinuxWorld:
BoF: Network, Device, and Environment Monitoring
Wednesday, 08/16/2006, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Free with LinuxWorld exhibits pass
Informal "meet and greet" reception at GroundWork's offices after the
BoF

Speakers:
Ian Berry, Project Lead, Cacti
Kees Cook, Project Lead, Sendpage
Matt Massie, Project Lead, Ganglia
Tobi Oetiker, Project Lead, RRDtool, MRTG, Smokeping
Remo Rickli, Project Lead, NeDi

It'll be a follow-on to a conference session earlier in the day
(BP4); unfortunately people will need a full conference pass to
attend that ($$$).  Here's that URL:

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO06A/conference/tracksessions/Open%20Source%20Best%20Practices/QMONYA04ROGF

A roundtable on open source tools for network and server monitoring
and management, we'll briefly discuss the the state of the IT
management tools industry -- both commercial and Open Source. The
project leads for ganglia, Cacti, rrdtool, MRTG, NeDi, and Smokeping
will present briefly on their tools and answer questions.
Finally, we'll describe an approach that integrates multiple open
source tools to create a comprehensive Network Monitoring solution.

I haven't found out from LinuxWorld yet if there's a hard stop at
7PM; either way: everyone's invited back to GroundWork's offices at
139 Townsend St. (one block from AT&T Park) afterwards to mingle and
continue the discussion.

Thanks, and feel free to contact me anytime with questions.

Cheers, -Peter

Peter Mui, Open Source Community Advocate
GROUNDWORK Open Source, Inc.
139 Townsend Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1946
+1 415 992 4573 (direct)