[balug-admin] Bay Area Linux Users Group Speaker for 2006-10-17 meeting?

Wed Oct 4 08:08:53 PDT 2006

Excellent.  Thank you Patrick, and John.

(Bcced to Patrick McGovern; also, FYI Patrick: the
balug-admin@lists.balug.org list is publicly archived
and includes the BALUG speaker coordinators, plus more folks
that also do and/or are interested in following other BALUG
administrivia (planning, etc.) matters).

Patrick - John may have already asked/mentioned this, but we
could use suitable "blurbs" for web site, etc. (we have at least
one older one, see also information further below, including
reference to the one we have from earlier).  You can send/reply
to the "speaker coordinators" (from some of the earlier e-mail sent
to you), or to this list if you prefer.
We have earlier description ("longish blurb" description) on:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-announce-balug.org/2006-August/000074.html
(look towards the bottom of that item).  Let us know if you'd want us
to tweak that.  More about "blurbs" a bit further below.

Quoting Michael Paoli:

< If you can also get some suitable
< blurb(s)/bio(s) on speaker(s) for updates on the web site,
< announcements, etc., that's also highly useful (e.g. a short "title"
< for the talk, a rather to quite short description (one to three
< sentences), a somewhat longer description (up to about a longish
< paragraph or two short paragraphs), and a bio for speaker(s) and/or
< company/organization/project (up to a paragraph or two total,
< emphasis on technical and other interesting (e.g. random personal)
< stuff, (very!) light on the sales/marketing).

I'll get the BALUG web site updated on information for the
2006-10-17 BALUG meeting speaker, and I'll plan for having an
updated "announcement" drafted within 24 hours, and then plan
to have it sent out within 24 hours of that.

Anything else we want to add to updated announcement?
I'm thinking:
2006-10-17 speaker/presentation information
(brief) reminder (and reference to information) about monitoring SIG
No BALUG meeting in Dec.
Anything else?

references/excerpts:

Quoting John Mark Walker: