[balug-admin] [DRAFT]: News & BALUG 2006-10-17: Patrick McGovern of Splunk: Illuminating the issues in your Data Center

Thu Oct 5 09:03:12 PDT 2006

[DRAFT]: News & BALUG 2006-10-17: Patrick McGovern of Splunk: Illuminating the
issues in your Data Center

Here's DRAFT for the "announce" list (also Bcced to Patrick McGovern).
Let me(/us) know if anything should be added, changed, etc.
I'll probably send it out sometime this Friday 2006-10-06:

News & BALUG 2006-10-17: Patrick McGovern of Splunk: Illuminating the issues in
your Data Center

For our October 17th, 2006 BALUG meeting, we have:

Splunk, a company that claims to take the SH out of IT:
TOPIC: Splunk: Illuminating the issues in your Data Center.
SPEAKER: Patrick McGovern
BACKGROUND: Splunk, based in San Francisco, makes a web-based
AJAX-enhanced search engine that allows system administrators and
programmers to search all their incoming log files in real time (any
type of log files: Sendmail, Cisco, MySQL, syslog, etc.) with a
browser. It's a powerful tool to allow people to 'see' inside their
systems as they are running.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Patrick is the Chief Community Splunker at Splunk,
Inc. Prior to joining Splunk, Patrick McGovern managed
SourceForge.net for five years for VA Software / OSTG.

http://www.splunk.com/
http://www.balug.org/

Monitoring SIG starts in San Francisco 2006-10-10:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-announce-balug.org/2006-October/000076.html

No BALUG meeting in December this year.

Note that BALUG will not be meeting in December of this year.