[Balug-Admin] simpler approach: (just) talk and admin?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 3 16:34:41 PDT 2007

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> One approach is have "talk" subscribed to "announce", and then remove
> from "announce" those that are subscribed to "talk" ... but having a
> list subscribed to a list tends to cause its own sets of
> issues/problems (we probably wouldn't want to do that without well
> testing it out and making sure we had any serious issues reasonably
> addressed).

FWIW, the reason I mentioned that tactic is that it's what SVLUG does,
for the lists I admin for them.  (I didn't create that setup, but
inherited it.)  I can't think offhand of any adverse side effects.