[BALUG-Admin] stuff for "announce", "blurbs", etc.

Andrew Fife afife@untangle.com
Thu Apr 10 19:53:32 PDT 2008

Its too hard to effectively message more than one thing in and email, so I would vote against mentioning LUGradioLive.  Its a great event that I will be working at this weekend.  Also, there seems to be lots of mentions elsewhere regarding LUGradio so I think our members are probably aware of it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
To: balug-admin@lists.balug.org
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:43:55 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [BALUG-Admin] stuff for "announce", "blurbs", etc.

I/we are running a bit behind.

Anyone have (mini-)bio and/or text blurbs for our upcoming speaker?

For "announce" - I plan to put that out *soon* - like not later than
tomorrow A.M.

Anything else to include in the next "announce"?

I'll probably also include
a reminder about LugRadio Live USA 2008, and additional upcoming speakers.

Anything else to add?

Yes, you too can help BALUG! :-)
How about (mini-)bio writeups for additional upcoming speakers (for
use on web page(s), in announcement(s), etc.), and if/when available,
synopsis/brief/outline of what their talk/presentation will cover.

If those materials are gotten to balug-webmaster@balug.org (and
balug-speaker-coordinators@balug.org) sooner, we can get them up,
and out, publicized, etc., sooner.