[BALUG-Admin] Mark Shuttleworth @ BALUG in March?
Thu Jan 3 14:49:10 PST 2008
Okay, based on feedback its seems like Shuttleworth on 3/24 is well
supported so I'll contact his assistant and finalize the date.
As for updating the website, the sooner we get to it the better, but I
don't think waiting until next week is a big deal if Michael is busy.
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
From: Michael Paoli [mailto:Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:10 PM
To: Andrew Fife
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: Re: Mark Shuttleworth @ BALUG in March?
A) Let firstname.lastname@example.org know when you've got confirmation on the
with the restaurant and (re)confirmed with Mark Shuttleworth, and I/we
start making the updates on the relevant web pages (most notably date,
B) Changing date(s) can have it's downside(s), but I'd say it's likely
worth it in this case.
C) I'm quite to absurdly busy through about Friday this week, but could
likely get at least some minimal updates wiggled in by not later than end
of this weekend.
Quoting Andrew Fife <email@example.com>:
> Hi BALUG Volunteers:
> I have an offer from Mark Shuttleworth of Ubuntu/Cannonical to speak at
> BALUG on in March. However, he could only make March 24th, which is not
> our regularly scheduled meeting date. I believe Mark is one of the most
> influential people in F/OSS and therefore an excellent speaker. I
> strongly believe that we should take him up on his offer. I'm going to
> default to accepting Mark Shuttleworth on 3/24 if I don't hear anything
> back otherwise.
More information about the BALUG-Admin