[BALUG-Admin] [BALUG-Talk] MobiTV + Senior Linux Systems Administrator (2 openings)

Thu Jan 24 17:42:56 PST 2008

So, we can expect you to be doing a technical presentation at an upcoming
BALUG meeting?  I didn't realize you'd already been confirmed for such.

Per list policy:
"Linux jobs postings are welcome and allowed only from those recently having
given a technical presentation at a BALUG meeting (or confirmed to do so at an
upcoming BALUG meeting)"
http://lists.balug.org/listinfo.cgi/balug-talk-balug.org

Or in other words:
Can I post a job?

Not generally, but for starters, see:

At least at the present time, the list noted above is the only place BALUG has
for listing any job postings - and even then, only under the conditions noted as
policy for that list.

You're quite welcome to come to BALUG meeting(s) and make a short announcement
about position(s) you're trying to fill, and hand your contact information out
to whomever may be interested (and of course you can also meet folks before the
meeting starts, talk with folks over dinner before any scheduled talk starts,
and potentially meet and talk with folks after the meeting too).

User Groups can be great resources for networking with folks, but many/most of
them have policies against, or significantly restricting listing of job
postings, or have relegated the area(s) where job postings are allowed to
list(s) or area(s) specifically designated for such, or only allow such listings
after they're moderated/approved.