[BALUG-Admin] Sept Meeting @ 585 Howard

Thu Jul 3 15:13:14 PDT 2008

My quick thoughts:

Keep the price the same (thus simpler, avoid confusion, etc.)

Get better quality than cheap(er) pizza.  E.g. instead of
Extreme Pizza (which is farish, but gets borderline painful if it
becomes too familiar a dish) or worse (perish the thought of Dominos),
go for North Beach, or Goat Hill Pizza ... something a bit more
quality and/or upscale, ... and include some salad(s) ... costs would
then work out about the same (and people would probably like the food
better).  Also, if the food source (e.g. North Beach Pizza) is explicitly
mentioned, that can also help increase the draw.  Pizza isn't the only
possibility, but for something that's easy to deliver or cater to a 40 to
75 person crowd, pizza (and salads and sodas) would work well.  There
might be some other things that could work well and still around the
$13*/head charge *($12 for food/tax/tip + $1 for BALUG).

RSVP "mandatory"?  No, ... not quite, ... I'd be inclined to use
appropriate "strong" wording, perhaps somthing roughly like:
RSVP - PLEASE RSVP to rsvp@balug.org
As we have limited space at this venue, priority will
be given to those with confirmed RSVPs and who arrive to the meeting
on time (6:30 P.M.).
Can you come if you fail to RSVP?  We may, or may not have space, but
we're glad to accomodate those without RSVPs if we have remaining capacity.

Since this will be a different venue, may be good to put up a web or wiki
page for the venue (location, directions, transit, parking, etc.).  Since
that date is still a fair ways off, perhaps by then we'll have the web site
reorganized a fair bit, so that could at least go on a separate "upcoming"
page ... if not putting the venue information on it's own totally separate web
or wiki page.