[BALUG-Admin] BALUG list (mis)configurations, etc.

Mon Apr 13 23:28:38 PDT 2009

Christian Einfeldt,

While I don't know how it happened, who did it, or if it was intentional
or accidental, in any case, your email address having apparently gotten
onto the "automatically discarded" list as Rick apparently discovered,
certainly should not have happened.

At least to the extent I can, on behalf of BALUG, I wish to apologize for
such error or inappropriate action/misconfiguration.

Hopefully we're taking steps[1] to substantially reduce the probability of
such misconfigurations and/or inappropriate changes to the BALUG list
configurations.

Quoting "Rick Moen" <rick@linuxmafia.com>:

> 4.  Somebody put Christian Einfeldt's GMail address in _this_ mailing
> list's roster of addresses from which postings will be automatically
> discarded.  Reverted!  That seems an incredibly harsh and unjustifiable
> thing to do to Christian, and I'm quite shocked that somebody did that.
> (I'm referring to "einfeldt@gmail.com", which is in fact a subscribed
> address in good standing on this mailing list.)
>
> Now, with the exception of that last item, all of these are matters that
> might be worth considering upon discussion.  The point was:  There was
> no discussion -- and, when things like that get screwed up, it reflects
> badly on me much more than on the rest of you (my name being the one
> shown as listadmin), _and_ the public at large will naturally assume
> I'm the guy who did them.
>
> Christian, my regrets on behalf of BALUG for whoever decided your
> postings to this list should be autodiscarded.  (It was not I.)

footnotes:
1.
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2009-April/000653.html