[BALUG-Admin] (forw) Re: permission to post regarding UC Berkeley Extension Linux Short Courses

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 7 15:26:32 PST 2009

If someone with more free time in the middle of a busy business day
wants to handhold her some more, please feel welcome.  (I didn't even
notice the bit about "lists.org".)

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> -----

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:23:51 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
To: Valerie Dow <vdow@unex.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: permission to post regarding UC Berkeley Extension Linux Short Courses

Quoting Valerie Dow (vdow@unex.berkeley.edu):

> Hi Rick,
> I've lost track a bit.  Do we need to hear from anyone else?
> If not, sounds like I send email to:
>  svlug-announce@lists.org
>  balug-announce@lists.balug.org

Nope.

You originally said mailing lists balug-talk and svlug.  To which I
said, basically, "Er, sure, fine.  Just please don't send Word files to
those or any other mailing list."   In contrast, the -announce
cousins of those mailing lists, which you are now talking about (above)
are restricted.

I was glad to help out earlier, but you're really going to have to
proceed on your own.  Please see these pages:

http://www.balug.org/#Lists
http://www.svlug.org/policies/list-policy.php