[BALUG-Admin] (forw) Re: [BALUG-Talk] Cisco - Sr. Linux Engineer - Web 2.0 Start-up Business Unit

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 12 11:12:27 PDT 2010

Looking on the bright side, recruiter misbehaviour returning to
normal levels might be a leading indicator for recovery of the economy.
(This one also did not bother to take our helpful suggestion about
better places to post.)

I've set the 'moderated' flag on Amela's balug-talk subscription.

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> -----

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:01:18 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
To: balug-talk@lists.balug.org
Subject: Re: [BALUG-Talk] Cisco - Sr. Linux Engineer - Web 2.0 Start-up
	Business Unit

Quoting Art Amela -X (aamela - Spherion at Cisco) (aamela@cisco.com):

> Hi Balug,
>

> I hope this message is appropriate.  I did my best to review some of the
> guidelines but did not see anything forbidding job opportunities.  If I
> made a mistake please accept my apologies in advance.

Let's see:  To join this mailing list preparatory to posting, you first
had to go to http://lists.balug.org/listinfo.cgi/balug-talk-balug.org .
Where, on line two, in bold type, it says:

  Linux jobs postings are welcome and ALLOWED ONLY FROM THOSE RECENTLY
  HAVING GIVEN A TECHNICAL PRESENTATION AT A BALUG MEETING (or confirmed
  to do so at an upcoming BALUG meeting) (limit, one e-mail posting item
  per technical presentation). (Those not doing such a presentation may
  want to post elsewhere, such as SVLUG Jobs or BayLISA Jobs.)

After seeing that, you joined and posted.

I once heard Eric Raymond opine that technical people are a bit
different from the general run of corporate employees, in that they
tend to actually take personally being lied to, especially when it is
done clumsily.