[BALUG-Admin] BALUG publicity / event communications, etc.

Tue Apr 9 23:49:16 PDT 2013

Mike Higashi, et. al., (& CCing admin list, as there's no reason not to)

You'd earlier mentioned bit about BALUG and publicity, etc.  Although
it's not exactly highly current, we *do* have a wiki page that covers
that relatively well.  Sort of a "how to", and what to cover (and not
cover), and how, etc.  We certainly don't cover *nearly* all that we
could.  I did also add to that wiki page your suggestion about
meetup.com (I forgot the other site you mentioned, so didn't manage to
add that other one).  Anyway, wiki page is here:
https://secure.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:event_communications

Certainly, at least within reason, pretty much anyone can update/improve
that page and/or volunteer to assist with publicity and event
communications/announcements.

And for those that occasionally wonder exactly who the
balug-speaker-coordinators@balug.org alias gets forwarded to,
one can peek towards the bottom of:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:balug_speaker_coordination
(Yep, I even peek there rather regularly myself when I'm trying to
remember exactly who is/isn't on that alias - not the authoritative
reference, but I do accurately maintain it).