[BALUG-Admin] BALUG ancillary sites UPgraded

Fri Oct 30 03:33:52 PDT 2015

Upgraded (updated) from: Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)
to: Debian GNU/Linux 8.2 (jessie)

If you notice anything awry, let me know.
I did notice the wiki pages do have a rather different look & feel.

> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: BALUG ancillary sites UP: Re: Of relevance for BALUG ancillary sites
> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 03:00:16 -0700

> These BALUG sites are UP again.
> Due note, however, that the new location is *not* high availability,
> nor high bandwidth.
>
> Specifically, at present, the VM hosting those sites has been move onto
> a laptop (8-O !) ... which does occasionally get out and about (and when
> it does, those BALUG sites will be temporarily down again), and it's
> sitting at the end of a DSL line - which also shares bandwidth with
> other hosts.
>
> I'll likely be doing some things in the coming weeks or more to improve
> the availability (notably move off the present laptop where the VM is
> currently), and may at some future point also have improved bandwidth -
> but for now, is what it is.
>
> Let me know if anyone notices anything particularly amiss (notwihstanding
> the inherent limitations and availability limitations noted above).
>
>> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
>> Subject: BALUG ancillary sites DOWN: Re: Of relevance for BALUG
>> ancillary sites
>> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:05:43 -0700
>
>> The BALUG ancillary sites were still up yesterday morning, but they're
>> DOWN now.  I'm presuming power/network has been removed from the "vicki"
>> physical host at the colo site.  I expect there will be more about this
>> on the SF-LUG list *real soon now*.
>>
>> I do have recent backups - having reasonably anticipated this scenario,
>> I have backups from this as recent as yesterday morning.
>>
>>> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
>>> Subject: Of relevance for BALUG ancillary sites
>>> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 01:30:48 -0700
>>
>>> Just a bit of background.  Some BALUG sites may be impacted soon, but *not*
>>> www.balug.org or balug.org itself.
>>> See:
>>> http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2014-July/002233.html