[BALUG-Admin] Why_ should ns1.linuxmafia.com be doing secondary nameservice (for balug.org.), given that you aren't including it in the authoritative list?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 26 02:52:05 PDT 2016

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> Ah, good ... glad you caught that bit.  :-)

Yeah, I kinda owe you an apology for the pessimistic assumption that you
moved a master nameserver to a new IP and didn't tell me.  It's happened
to me multiple times with other people I do secondary for, though, so
the cynicism has a foundation.  Anyway, excuses aside:  Sorry about that!

I have to remember that my /etc/bind/named.conf.local's comment lines
are a _really_ critical place to not _anything_ about the status of
domains, e.g., everything I ought to know that's surprising, plus
contact information fo everyone relevant.

> Yeah, I can understand heck of a lot going on.
> (Mom, stroke, whole bunch 'o stuff precipitated
> out from that ... still recovering from my 2 week
> anti-vacation + similar rather recently before
> that ... still playing catch-up and handling of
> miscellaneous gunk ... e.g. have a car to
> sell off too - and in the meantime nothin'
> but street parking for it - which is
> yet another annoying inconvenience and
> thing to do and keep an eye on).

Personally, I've found that chopping some wood with a two-bladed
Viking-style axe helps.  It doesn't solve a thing, but you feel better.
;->