[BALUG-Admin] "all better" (up again): Re: (temporarily) down: SF-LUG (but lists up) ... likewise some BALUG bits down ...

Tue Mar 22 18:37:17 PDT 2016

DO NOT REPLY ALL (unless you're subscribed to BOTH lists)

"all better"

Details:

"Did you try turning it off and on again?"

Yes, the (more/most) "usual suspect" - the DSL modem ... power cycled it and
all is well again (until it does it again ... does it rather randomly, but
on average about once a month or so).  I may try substituting another one
in the not-too-distant-future ... but since issue is intermittent, may not
know if such a swapping of hardware makes - or statistically probably makes -
for an improved situation for some while.  I do also have a nearly identical
DSL modem (same make and model) ... it also has same intermittent issue at
about the same frequency of occurrence - that's also including with it's own
separate matched power supply ... slightly different firmware version, but
otherwise those two DSL modems (and their power supplies) quite highly
matched, and ... same intermittent issue.

And yes, good to have logs (as in hand logged and backed up data - in form
that's fairly easy to access even if system(s) are down) ... that, among
other things, give me good history of this intermittent issue (and what's
been tried, and not, and results observed).