[BALUG-Admin] BALUG list(+list archives) migrations - temporary subdomain name?

Fri Apr 21 20:26:19 PDT 2017

So, at present, BALUG lists use domain lists.balug.org.
While migrating lists(+list archives) off of DreamHost.com,
we'll need to use a temporary subdomain/name.  When all is fully
completed, we'll end back up on lists.balug.org.  Quesion is, name for
the temporary domain.

At first I was thinking lists2.balug.org - but that would be slightly
confusing potentially, as we shift back to lists.balug.org (e.g. folks
might expect a lists3, or wonder why we were going "backwards" (or
seemingly so).  I expect the temporary will only be for week(s) to a
month or so ... and it can remain longer for backwards compatibility
(and eventually get "retired").  But, as we'll end up back on
lists.balug.org when all is said and done, ... what would be optimal and
less/least confusing ... to the extent feasible.

So, I was thinking perhaps (no particular order - I randomized the sort):
lists-moving.balug.org.
lists-migrating.balug.org.
lists-migration.balug.org.
lists-tmp.balug.org.
lists-mv.balug.org.
lists-move.balug.org.

So ... what'cha all think?  I'm thinking *any* of those are better than
lists2.  Some best compromise between conveniently short, and
(sufficiently) clear/unambiguous regarding intent/purpose (and avoiding
confusion over what will follow)?

Anyway, feel free to chime in or suggest (it should be a single level
subdomain under balug.org - also can't conflict with DNS RRs (names)
reserved by DreamHost's hosting of the domain.  Suggestions/feedback
appreciated.  Will need to reach decision and implement fairly soon
(likely within about 4 to 7 days).