[BALUG-Admin] BALUG & IPv6 - separate IPv6 addressed dedicated (mostly & primarily) for BALUG

Sun Dec 17 09:07:07 PST 2017

BALUG & IPv6,

Did finally, yesterday, get around to updating, so BALUG is now
using IPv6 address that also has "reverse" (PTR) data that indicates
balug.org - most notably useful for SMTP and reducing probability of
rejection as "spam".  That was the principle motivation for the IPv6
address change.
$ dig +short balug.org. AAAA
2001:470:1f05:19e::2
$ dig +short -x 2001:470:1f05:19e::2
balug.org.
$
That IP address is also the default source IPv6 address
for IPv6 traffic to The Internet from the Virtual Machine (VM).

Many/most publicly accessible services are still (also) listening
on IPv6 wildcard address, but may also change that in future.

DNS NS data hasn't been changed yet (future).  But that does
remind me ... DNS IPv6 notify source address - yes, that,
by default, had also changed ... so today I switch that
back at least 'till DNS slaves have been suitably notified,
etc.

SF-LUG - at least that of it on same VM, has its own separate IPv6
address ... however since they're on one single host, for default
outbound IPv6 address, they share the same common IPv6 - which is
primarily for BALUG (it's a BALUG VM also hosting some SF-LUG services,
not vice versa).