[BALUG-Admin] balug.org(/sf-lug.{org, com}) host OOM oops Re: (forw) linuxmafia.com 2017-09-30 11:02 System Events

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 4 00:32:49 PDT 2017

Correcting what I wrote, recently:

> The study notes that the NTPSec fork is still in early days, doing
> cleanup of NTP Project legacy code, so current results don't
> necessarily predict well what's coming.  The same can probably be said
> of OpenBSD Foundation's project, likewise a fork of the reference
> codebase focussed on losing legacy cruft and less-necessary features.

Actually, OpenBSD Foundation's OpenNTPD is _not_ a fork, but rather
another from-scratch reimplementation, as is the Red Hat-sponsored
Chrony codebase.  It's unfortunate that OpenNTPd wasn't included in the
Core Infrastructure Initiative security study, but I would expect on
general principles for it to have excellent prospects.