[BALUG-Admin] DNSBL: lists.balug.org

Sun Oct 8 23:42:19 PDT 2017

Thanks, checking into it ...
looks like they have @balug.org listed for (allegedly) not
accepting email to postmaster@balug.org,
the others are listed "indirectly" ... apparently they're
automagically listed as being subdomains of @balug.org (and
perhaps also with the criterial that @balug.org is a domain
that is supposed to accept email).

I did retest, seems to accept email to postmaster@balug.org just
fine.  But I'll check further.  The only bits I can think of
(and if so, may find in logs or through further testing),
graylisting - shouldn't be an issue, but perhaps false positives
from that?  False positives from "spam" rejection? - only
particular known issue is blank body rejection - but that would
only show with an actual submission attempt, including (and concluding)
with a blank body (or one that evaluated to blank/empty, after
stripping out embedded images and the like).

Anyway, will review relevant logs and test further.  I believe it also
works fine on both IPv4 and IPv6 ... in any case, will check further
and see if I can get it cleared up.

That seems to be the only blacklist (purported) issue, and just
with the one domain (and subdomains "guilty" by association).

Also, at this point, @temp.balug.org should no longer be
originating (and SPF data was suitably updated earlier), but it
should still be accepting fine.  Since it should be no longer be
originating at all, if there's anything that's
specific to @temp.balug.org (and not "mere" guilt by association
with @balug.org), that's probably at most low priority issue
on blacklist(s) or the like.