[BALUG-Admin] [DO NOT REPLY ALL! ...] reduced DNS redundancy: balug.org/sf-lug.org/sf-lug.com: Fwd: ns1.linuxmafia.com downtime

Wed Oct 24 19:19:31 PDT 2018

DO NOT REPLY ALL! (*unless* you're a member of **both** lists)

Just an FYI mostly, but temporarily we have a bit of reduced
redundancy on DNS for balug.org/sf-lug.org/sf-lug.com

Expecting this to be relatively temporary (at least once AT&T finally
gets their sh*t together ... at least for a little bit).

Anyway, in case anyone wonders or notices.  Hopefully it will
be *all better soon* ... at least **relatively** soon.

Impacts should mostly be pretty minimal - some initial queries might
occasionally take a bit longer (possibly timing out on first
(randomly selected) authoritative nameserver), but should otherwise
generally have almost zero impact (due to TTLs, data will generally
be cached for a while once successfully resolved).

$ (for d in balug.org sf-lug.org sf-lug.com; do dig +noall +answer
+nottl "$d". NS | sed -e 's/[        ]\{1,\}/ /g'; done) | fgrep
linuxmafia.com
balug.org. IN NS ns1.linuxmafia.com.
sf-lug.org. IN NS ns1.linuxmafia.com.
sf-lug.com. IN NS ns1.linuxmafia.com.