[BALUG-Admin] Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender (larryp@inow.com)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 3 21:18:18 UTC 2020

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> Dropping larryp@inow.com from the forwarding aliases.
> inow.com has two NS, neither of which function.
>
> Let me know if/when I should add it back.

For those who don't know or have forgotten, that's Larry Platzek,
longtime member of the Linux community.  A very long time ago
(2005-ish), after founders Art Tyde and David Sifry bowed out of BALUG,
Larry Platzek and Dick Verna ran BALUG (including primary listadmin
duty) and coordinated the meetings at Four Seas Restaurant in
Chinatown's upstairs banquet room.

I think he's been living in the South Bay lately, but wouldn't swear to
it.  My efforts to find current contact information are coming up dry.

Lessons to learn:

1.  Don't register your domains at GoDaddy.  ;->
2.  Make sure your whois data gives meaningful out-of-band contact
    methods.
3.  If you have only two authoritative nameservers, shoot your
    admins and get some who understand the RFCs and how to administer
    DNS.

It might be worth asking on balug-talk if anyone has a telephone number
or alternate e-mail address for Larry.

If only because, y'know, we're all mortal, and I worry when people just
seem to vanish.