[BALUG-Admin] Comcast Service Ticket CR144883981 ... nsx.sunnyside.com.

Michael Paoli michael.paoli@berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 7 01:12:36 UTC 2024

Uhm, well ...
I still don't see AAAA record back yet for nsx.sunnyside.com.:
$ eval dig @ns0.sunnysidex.com. +noall +answer +norecurse
nsx.sunnyside.com.\ A{,AAA}
nsx.sunnyside.com.      600     IN      A       50.242.105.52
$
But it is answering again now:
$ dig @2603:3024:180d:f100:50:242:105:34 +noall +answer +norecurse
balug.org. SOA
balug.org.              3600    IN      SOA     ns0.balug.org.
hostmaster.balug.org. 1717666105 10800 3600 3600000 86400
$
But I (or at least dnsviz.net)
am seeing some glitches with 50.242.105.52 (nsx.sunnyside.com.), see, e.g.:
https://dnsviz.net/d/balug.org/ZmJbcA/dnssec/
That weren't present several hours earlier, see, e.g.:
https://dnsviz.net/d/balug.org/ZmHuow/dnssec/

Anyway, you can probably also run many of those checks easily enough with
https://dnsviz.net/ ... it's even quite excellent at picking up many
(at least potential)
issues that would be difficult/challenging to fully check for manually.

So, anyway, the IPv6, yes, looking better, but still lacking restoration of
that AAAA record and ... that IPv4 - maybe just some transient glitch -
but looked better several hours ago.