[BALUG-Admin] Comcast & 5353 UDP (and other goop)

Michael Paoli michael.paoli@berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 7 03:37:13 UTC 2024

Probably don't muddy the waters with other distractions.
Rick apparently noticed some stuff in his logs that
apparently looked like some NOTIFY traffic from
unexpected IP(s).  Maybe that's perhaps related or a clue,
maybe it's totally different issue or even red herring.

UDP communications with port 5353, that's a solid issue.
If you want to go down rabbit hole of NOTIFY from unexpected
IPs, hey, have at it - but I'm not sending 'em, so you'll have to find
those yourself (or get 'em from Rick).