[Balug-announce] BALUG Tonight (9/17) - Dillo on Blouetooth

Arthur F. Tyde III aftyde@linuxcare.com
Tue Sep 17 13:15:47 PDT 2002

Tuesday February 10th at 7:00 PM, RSVP at http://www.balug.org/meetReg.html

Hello Everyone!

The San Francisco Bay Area Linux Users Group http://www.balug.org is proud
to present Dillo, a really smart wireless guy who will discuss Bluetooth
(and general wireless issues) on Linux.  Our banquet with subsequent meeting
will be held at the venerable Four Seas Restaurant in the heart of San
Francisco's historic Chinatown.  It's a good time, in an interesting
neighborhood with profoundly intelligent people.

Four Seas Restaurant
731 Grant Street
San Francisco, California 94108
415-989-8188
7:00 PM Sharp!
$10.00 per person, children under 5 are free.

RSVP ASAP at http://www.balug.org/meetReg.html

The Four Seas will host us in their vast upstairs banquet room with a
traditional family style dinner, seating is limited to 300 so please make
your reservations early.

A reservation at http://www.balug.org/meetReg.html will assure your seat at
this outstanding linux event!

As usual, libation is available and with enough reservations we can get the
banquet room bar opened.  The banquet room is accessed from a staircase at
the rear of the restaurant lounge.  (look for the Linux User Group sign)
Dinner is $10.00 per person, if you choose not to dine with us, a small
donation to help cover meeting costs is appreciated. There are lots of
stores and interesting Chinatown/North Beach sightseeing opportunities in
the immediate area should non-linux
enabled family or guests accompany.

We start promptly at 7:00 PM, doors open at 6:30.

Directions

With enough parking karma you should be able to find street parking in the
area.  Otherwise we recommend parking at the city garage located at Kearny
and Commercial- directly across from the Chinatown Holiday Inn.  Traffic
into the city during rush hour has been unusually heavy.  If you are coming
up from the south bay we recommend 101 to Civic Center (stay on the left),
bear left off the exit and bear left at Market Street.  Then take Van Ness
(N- or Right) to Broadway and make another
Right.  Go through the Broadway Tunnel to Columbus, make a Right on
Columbus, go about four blocks and make a Right to Kearny, Right ON Kearny
and a left into the garage just past Commercial.  Parking in Chinatown seems
much more difficult than it actually is.

Information

Network connections will be available through our Ricochet gateway and we
encourage you to bring your friends, family, notebooks, questions, power
strips, network hubs and appetites.  In addition to being a fun, creative
and knowledgeable group, the dinner alone is easily the best meal deal in
the city.  Speakers, door prizes and other additional late
breaking stuff can be found at www.balug.org.  Vegan options are available
with advance notice.

RSVP and questions to http://www.balug.org/meetReg.html