[Balug-announce] BayLISA Monthly: 4/15/04: Becoming a Mahout on the VOIP Elephant, David Kuder

Strata R Chalup strata@virtual.net
Thu Apr 8 16:11:20 PDT 2004

       BayLISA Monthly Technical Talk & General Meeting

Please RSVP to rsvp@baylisa.org so that we can get an idea of how many
will be attending.  This event is open to the general public. You do not
need to be a member to attend.
--------
Where: Apple Computer, Town Hall Auditorium
Addr:  Four Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA
http://www.baylisa.org/locations/current.html
--------
Date:  Thursday, 15 April 2004
Time:  7:30pm - 9:30pm PST

Becoming a Mahout on the VOIP Elephant
David Kuder

Remember that old joke about three blind men trying to figure out
what an elephant was: rope, snake or tree trunk? Well I'll stretch
the metaphor to the breaking point with a broad survey of
Voice over IP (VOIP). I will try to provide information that a
system administrator will need to know about VOIP and how it will
co-exist with current systems and networks.
--------
BayLISA meets every month on the 3rd Thursday of the month.  A short
period of announcements of general interest to the sysadmin community is
presented, followed by a technical talk.  Anyone may make an
announcement; typical are upcoming presentations, user group meetings,
employment offers, etc.

For further information on BayLISA, check out our web site:
http://www.baylisa.org/

Directions and details about the current meeting and future events:
http://www.baylisa.org/events/

BayLISA makes video tapes of the meetings available to members.  Tape
library is often available at the general meeting, or for more
information on available videos, please send email to "video@baylisa.org".

If you have suggestions for speakers, or would like to volunteer to
present a talk at one of our meetings, please email the Board and
Working Group at "blw@baylisa.org".  Thanks!
--------