[Balug-announce] Broadcom: Job Opportunity (BALUG)

Autumn Brunke abrunke@broadcom.com
Wed May 17 16:25:31 PDT 2006

Hello BALUG, I wanted to find out if I could post a job opening on your
site for Broadcom located in Santa Clara, CA. We actually have several
needs.

I have included the job description below for your review:

Software Engineer (Staff to Principal level based on experience)

- Typically requires at least 7+ years of experience with embedded
systems. Linux kernel driver experience is required.
- Experience with digital video: MPEG-1/2/4, or H.264 is considered a
plus.
- Experience with software processes.
- Systems integration and debugging.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with and resolving issues for customers is
considered a plus.
- MSEE/CS, or equivalent

In this highly visible role, you will join the leader in the convergence
of voice, video and data, Broadcom. Broadcom has achieved market
leadership in the digital set-top box market. We are seeking the
brightest engineering talent to help Broadcom grow to the next level of
success.

You will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor on this
project for a top tier customer of ours, and be responsible for a
variety of areas on this project.

In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for:
- Architecture, design, implementation (C, MIPS), as well as testing
embedded software modules.
- Development of device drivers under various o/s (Linux 2.4 and/or 2.6)
- Drive requirements for next generation products.
- Interact with customers to help them succeed with Broadcom products.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Autumn Brunke
Senior Recruiter
Broadcom Corporation
Broadband Communications