[balug-announce] BALUG 2007-07-17: Ed Cherlin: One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) & demo; etc.

Mon Jul 16 08:20:19 PDT 2007

BALUG 2007-07-17: Ed Cherlin: One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) & demo; etc.

For our July 17th, 2007 BALUG meeting, we have:

Ed Cherlin, One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project contributor and author
of the forthcoming book _Ending Poverty for Fun and Profit_.

The One Laptop Per Child project was founded in 2005 by Nicholas
Negroponte with a core of MIT Media Lab veterans.  Its flagship XO
laptop is a unique machine with features created specifically for
children of the emerging world.  Ed Cherlin, project contributor and
author of the forthcoming book _Ending Poverty for Fun and Profit_,
will talk about the XO and demo its hardware and software.  For more
information about the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project, see:
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) http://www.laptop.org/
and:
One Laptop Per Child News http://www.olpcnews.com/

Meeting time, location, etc.:
7:00 P.M. US/Pacific
$11.00 fee for dinner
Four Seas Restaurant
731 Grant Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94108-2113
Feel free to join us as early as 6:30 P.M. at the bar for social chat,
etc. before the main meeting.