[BALUG-Announce] Reminder: Ian Murdock @ BALUG Tomorrow! (Tuesday) Special Venue!

Mon Sep 15 20:40:42 PDT 2008

Hi Folks - quick reminder:
Ian Murdock will be speaking at BALUG Tomorrow (2008-09-16)!

Ian founded Debian in 1993 and served as project lead through 1996.
Currently Ian is the Vice President of Developer and Community
Marketing at Sun Microsystems and previously was the CTO of the Linux
Foundation.  (Full bio links below)

============================
VERY important changes...
============================

1)Change in venue
We are NOT meeting at the Four Seas Restaurant because they have a
conflict.  However, Songbird (http://www.songbird.com/) has kindly
offer the use of their office in SOMA for the meeting.  (Address below)

2)Change in food & cost
We will be ordering pizza & soda for this meeting. The cost will be
$10, meat and veggie-friendly options will be available and we promise
it won't be Pizza Hut or Domino's.  (the meeting is free, but $10.00 for
the food)

3)RSVPs REQUIRED (for food!)
It looks like we'll have enough space for all that would like to
attend, and we still very much appreciate and want your RSVPs,
but if you haven't already RSVPed *and* want to be in on our
pizza dinner purchase, we need that RSVP very soon (like by rather/quite
early tomorrow morning*).  For later RSVPs or those that just show up,
we should have adequate space for you, but probably won't have pizza
dinner for you.

(BALUG volunteers are personally paying for pizza upfront, and we need
to finalize pizza RSVP tally and get our large pizza delivery order in
rather early for timely delivery of the large delivery order, hence the
cutoff on dinner RSVPs)

RSVPs to:
rsvp@balug.org

*if you want to be sure and get in on the pizza, get your RSVP in before
6:00 A.M. 2008-09-16

Meeting Details...

   6:30 P.M. September 16th, 2008

   Songbird's Corporate Office
   585 Howard St. (near 2nd St.)
   San Francisco, CA 94105-3032
   Map w/ Parking Garages: http://tinyurl.com/5zbwuu

   Cost: The meetings are always free, but pizza & soda is $10

Links to Ian Murdock's full bios:

Personal:
http://ianmurdock.com/about/

Corporate:
http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/media/ceo/bio.jsp?name=Ian%20Murdock

More information, additional maps, other upcoming meetings, etc.:
http://www.balug.org/

--
publicity-feedback@balug.org