[BALUG-Announce] BALUG: Tu 2009-10-20 Understanding the Power of Hybrid Hosting: Dedicated Plus Clouds by Paul Lancaster of GoGrid/ServePath

Wed Sep 30 23:16:21 PDT 2009

BALUG: Tu 2009-10-20 Understanding the Power of Hybrid Hosting:
Dedicated Plus Clouds by Paul Lancaster of GoGrid/ServePath

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2009-10-20

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2009-10-20 BALUG meeting, we're excited to present:

Understanding the Power of Hybrid Hosting: Dedicated Plus Clouds by
Paul Lancaster of GoGrid[1]/ServePath[2]

Cloud Computing isn't for everyone, neither is leasing dedicated server
environments. However, when you combine the two, the end result is a
hosting solution that will make your business successful. We call it
Hybrid Hosting. Capitalizing on the dynamic, scalability of GoGrid's
Cloud Hosting and the robust, high I/O throughput of dedicated
infrastructure, Hybrid Hosting is a way to manage complex,
high-availability infrastructures that meet demand, performance and
cost concerns.

Paul Lancaster is one of the founding employees of ServePath/GoGrid and
leads Business Development. Paul has been in the Internet industry for
the past 15 years working for software and services companies in
technical and business roles. Paul enjoys playing guitar when he is not
at his keyboard or spending time with his 6 year old daughter.

GoGrid[1]: Blog[3] Wiki[4] Twitter[5]

1. http://www.gogrid.com/
2. http://www.servepath.com/
3. http://blog.gogrid.com/
4. http://wiki.gogrid.com/
5. http://twitter.com/gogrid

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

            rsvp@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

            6:30pm
            Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 2009-10-20

            Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
            731 Grant Ave.
            San Francisco, CA 94108
            Easy PARKING:
            Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

http://www.balug.org/