[BALUG-Announce] BALUG: REMINDER: this Tuesday: Porting IPv4-only applications to IPv4/IPv6 dual stack by Owen DeLong

Sun Jan 17 11:29:32 PST 2010

BALUG: REMINDER: this Tuesday (many folks also have Monday off):
Tu 2010-01-19 Porting IPv4-only applications to IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
by Owen DeLong

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2010-01-19

Please RSVP if you're planning to come (see further below).

For our 2010-01-19 BALUG meeting, we're excited to present:

Porting IPv4-only applications to IPv4/IPv6 dual stack by Owen DeLong,
IPv6 Evangelist of Hurricane Electric[1]

In "Porting IPv4-only applications to IPv4/IPv6 dual stack", we will
learn the basics of IPv6 socket programming and see how to upgrade
existing applications in C, PERL, and Python using "running code"
examples prepared by Owen.

Owen DeLong is an IPv6 Evangelist at Hurricane Electric and a member of
the ARIN[2] Advisory Council. In these roles, he's intimately familiar
with the details of IPv4 runout and the need to transition towards dual
stack on existing applications to enable IPv6-only clients in the near
future.

presentation materials[3]

1. http://www.he.net/
2. https://www.arin.net/
3. http://owend.corp.he.net/ipv6/

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP to:

               rsvp@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the
Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they help ensure that we'll be
able to eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

               2010-01-19T18:30-0800
               6:30 P.M. Tuesday, January 19th, 2010

               Four Seas Restaurant http://www.fourseasr.com/
               731 Grant Ave.
               San Francisco, CA 94108
               Easy Parking:
               Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny http://www.sfpsg.com/

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

http://www.balug.org/