[BALUG-Talk] 2016-07-28: Fwd: [Ubuntu-US-CA] San Francisco Ubuntu 16.04 Release Party

Tue Jun 21 17:24:44 PDT 2016

Ah, I intended to pass this along earlier, but forgot.

Anyway, in July, there's not only:

Tu 2016-07-19 @ BALUG meeting:
Elizabeth K. Joseph on: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus"
http://www.balug.org/#2016-07-19

But also on
Tu 2016-07-28 (but different location and not BALUG meeting)
Ubuntu 16.04 Release Party:

----- Forwarded message from lyz@ubuntu.com -----
     Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:29:59 -0700
     From: "Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz@ubuntu.com>
  Subject: [Ubuntu-US-CA] San Francisco Ubuntu 16.04 Release Party
       To: "Ubuntu US California" <ubuntu-us-ca@lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the venue suggestion by Michael Paoli, and the fine folks at
OpenDNS, we now have a location, time and date reserved for our 16.04
Release Party in San Francisco next month!

On July 28th from 6:30 - 8:30 our party will be hosted by OpenDNS at
135 Bluxome St. This is near the San Francisco Caltrain station at 4th
and King, and is also easily accessible via MUNI.

We'll have:

• Presentation highlighting Ubuntu 16.04 features.
• Laptops running 16.04.
• Tablets running the latest Ubuntu build, including the bq Aquaris
M10 that shipped with Ubuntu and demonstrates convergence.
• Giveaways: Ubuntu books, pens, stickers and more.

Pizza and beverages will be provided.

We'll need your RSVP to know how much food to order. We have a few
ways to collect your RSVP, use whichever one is most comfortable for
you:

LoCo Team Portal:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/3398-san-francisco-ubuntu-1604-release-party/

or Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Ubuntu-California/events/231970711/