[BALUG-Talk] Lubuntu 14.04 guest session login failure

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt@gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:54:04 PDT 2017

Hi Akkana, bottom posting...

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Akkana Peck <akkana@shallowsky.com> wrote:

> Christian Einfeldt writes:
> > Thanks, Akkana, I will give this a try!
> >
> > I was not able to figure out how to log into a guest session from the
> CLI.
> > Googling, I found this page:
> >
> > https://gist.github.com/blaisck/fe748c8a4184e752556c
> >
> > and tried it, but it actually switched me into a GUI environment, and
> then,
> > coincidentally, I had to power down the machine to get out of that
> > session.  When I tried to use the logout button, it just didn't respond,
> > and stayed in the GUI session.  How do I log into the guest session from
> > the CLI, please?
>
> Did you try the suggestions I already gave? Ctrl-alt-f2 or ssh?
> What happened?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I tried to use ctrl-alt-f4 but I didn't
know what the name of the guest session was.  I am not trying to log into
the guest account, but rather the temp guest session.  I would also have to
do some basic learning as to how to use the ssh commands.

I actually ran out of time, and so cheated and just re-installed the whole
OS.  At any rate, I figured that would probably take care of any monkey
business that someone might have installed on the machine.  But I clearly
still have a lot of learning to do.  Thanks for your efforts in trying to
help me!