[BALUG-Talk] Linux Mint 18.2

acohen36 acohen36@SDF.ORG
Sun Jul 30 15:25:59 PDT 2017

Quoting Andrew Lewis (andy at simulsys.demon.co.uk):

Then quoting Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> Hullo, Andrew!  Of course we don't mind a bit.  Yes, I agree that
> Lubuntu is a terrific little distribution, as is LXDE generally.
> I'm always on the lookout for nice but relatively compact 'live"
> distributions in particular.  (We used to call those live-CD, but
> the metaphor is perhaps a bit confusing in 2017.)

I think Andrew mentioned Linux Mint 18.2 64-bit instead of Lubuntu (with
the latter's LXDE) above. FWIW, a cursory review of the site
linuxmint.com/release.php?id=29 doesn't yet show an available LXDE version
of Linux Mint 18.2, although it _does_ show the "light" Xfce version of
the same.

Linux Mint 18.2 Xfce (64-bit) is a ~1.5 GB ISO in size, so if anyone
wishes to try this, it is probably best to use a USB stick for both
'live'/temporary booting and for installation. Same USB stick requirement
for the 64-bit Cinnamon and MATE versions of Linux Mint 18.2, although the
sizes of their ISO's are slightly larger than Xfce's, at ~1.6GB

-A

acohen36@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org