[BALUG-Talk] (forw) [svlug-announce] SVLUG Nov. 1st meeting: Rob Walker on MythTV and Kodi Lecture and Demo

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 31 14:23:24 PDT 2017

Come if you can, as this should be a really good one.

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> -----

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 14:20:59 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
To: svlug-announce@lists.svlug.org
Subject: [svlug-announce] SVLUG Nov. 1st meeting: Rob Walker on MythTV and
	Kodi Lecture and Demo

WHEN:

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
7 - 8:30pm

MAIN PRESENTATION

TOPIC: MythTV and Kodi Lecture and Demo

PRESENTED BY: Rob Walker

TOPIC SUMMARY:

MythTV (https://www.mythtv.org/) is a free and open source software
digital video recorder (DVR) project, distributed under the terms of the
GNU GPL.

Kodi (https://kodi.tv/ , formerly XBMC) is a free and open source media
player application developed by the XBMC/Kodi Foundation, a non-profit
technology consortium.

Rob will demonstrate his MythTV and Kodi setup, and show how he's been
using it over the years.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Rob Walker was introduced to Unix in 1995 has been using Linux since
1997.  He has helped other people use Linux at companies like VA
Research, Silver Spring Networks, and others.  He has been using
MythTV off and on since 2006, and Kodi since 2014.

LOCATION:

 Cavium cafeteria
 2315 N 1st St. (corner of Charcut Ave.)
 north San Jose

 http://www.svlug.org/directions/cavium.php    <--- maps here!

If you have any improvements to make, please let SVLUG's volunteers
know!  webmaster@svlug.org

POST-MEETING GATHERING (if you want):

La Victoria Taqueria, 1415 N 4th St. near Gish Road, San Jose.
Go south 0.7 miles on N. 1st St. under US-101, then turn half-left
onto Matrix Blvd., in 0.3 miles a slight right onto N. 4th Street,
0.5 miles to La Victoria on your right just before Gish Road.

We look forward to seeing you there!