[BALUG-Talk] [BALUG-Admin] balug.org DNS review ... CHAOS ; -> ...

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 28 12:22:00 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> So ... maybe I check further in future if there's reasonable way to
> cleanly disable all that ... but not high on the task/priority
> list at present - it's at least "good enough for now".

I still like my 'Shirley, you're joking' solution -- copied from
something similar that Aaron T. Porter does.

FWIW, I do _not_ see the logic in returning 'none' (or null) on a
CHAOS request for hostname.  I mean, it's the hostname.  You already
have a positive incentive for stating what that is, so I regard it as an
actual Good Thing.