[BALUG-Talk] Dynamic DNS updates and DNS notify and letsencrypt.org ... yummy! :-)

Mon Apr 13 12:45:17 UTC 2020

And, further optimizations - still much faster.
Also, forgot to mention in the earlier, DNS notify is also a
key component, at it generally causes quite timely propagation of
DNS changes from master to authoritative slaves.

So, ... half a dozen non-trivial certs, from, the earlier ...
month+ ago, a semi-manual process that would take usually about
30 minutes or so, with much of that being human time (at lot of
manual editing of zone files, and semi-manual checking of DNS
propagation), down to the earlier ... automated ... less than
4 minutes (3m21.050s) ... and now, further optimized ... all the way
down to under 22 seconds! (0m21.974s):

$ time (for c in
'*.balug.org,balug.org,*.archive.balug.org,*.beta.balug.org,*.ipv4.balug.org,*.ipv6.balug.org,*.new.balug.org,*.secure.balug.org,*.staging.balug.org,*.test.balug.org,*.php.test.balug.org,*.wiki.balug.org' '*.sf-lug.org,sf-lug.org,*.ipv4.sf-lug.org,*.ipv6.sf-lug.org,*.sflug.org,sflug.org,*.sflug.com,sflug.com,*.sflug.net,sflug.net,sf-lug.net,www.sf-lug.net,sf-lug.com,www.sf-lug.com' 'mpaoli.net,*.mpaoli.net,*.blackie.mpaoli.net,*.old-debian.mpaoli.net,digitalwitness.org,*.digitalwitness.org ' '*.balug.org,balug.org,*.lists.balug.org,berkeleylug.com,*.berkeleylug.com' 'berkeleylug.com,*.berkeleylug.com,berkeleylug.org,*.berkeleylug.org' '*.pi.berkeleylug.com,pi.berkeleylug.com'; do myCERTBOT_EMAIL= myCERTBOT_OPTS='--preferred-challenges dns --test-cert --manual-auth-hook mymanual-auth-hook --manual-cleanup-hook mymanual-cleanup-hook' Getcerts "$c" >>/dev/null 2>&1;
done)

real    0m21.974s
user    0m7.241s
sys     0m0.769s
$ (for f in *_cert.pem; do openssl x509 -noout -text -in "$f" 2>&1;
done) | sed -ne 's/^ *\(Not After :.*\)$/\1/p;/DNS:/{s/^ *//;s/,
*/,/g;s/DNS://g;p}'
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:16 2020 GMT
*.archive.balug.org,*.balug.org,*.beta.balug.org,*.ipv4.balug.org,*.ipv6.balug.org,*.new.balug.org,*.php.test.balug.org,*.secure.balug.org,*.staging.balug.org,*.test.balug.org,*.wiki.balug.org,balug.org
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:20 2020 GMT
*.ipv4.sf-lug.org,*.ipv6.sf-lug.org,*.sf-lug.org,*.sflug.com,*.sflug.net,*.sflug.org,sf-lug.com,sf-lug.net,sf-lug.org,sflug.com,sflug.net,sflug.org,www.sf-lug.com,www.sf-lug.net
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:24 2020 GMT
*.blackie.mpaoli.net,*.digitalwitness.org,*.mpaoli.net,*.old-debian.mpaoli.net,digitalwitness.org,mpaoli.net
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:28 2020 GMT
*.balug.org,*.berkeleylug.com,*.lists.balug.org,balug.org,berkeleylug.com
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:31 2020 GMT
*.berkeleylug.com,*.berkeleylug.org,berkeleylug.com,berkeleylug.org
Not After : Jul 12 11:30:34 2020 GMT
*.pi.berkeleylug.com,pi.berkeleylug.com
$