[BALUG-Test] TL; DR of all this, ... Re: Oooh, ... archive tests ... :-)

Wed Sep 20 17:17:39 PDT 2017

I suppose it depends what one means by "all this" and "outcome"
Let's see, in the beginning(?), there was the Big Bang,
... and eventually we have the heat death of the universe.

In the meantime, among other things,

Once upon a time, all of BALUG.org stuff was hosted on
DreamHost.com hosting.

In more recent years, fair bit of BALUG.org stuff has been hosted
elsewhere, however everything for (among others)
the domains themselves of balug.org, www.balug.org, and lists.balug.org,
notably including the primary and most of the production BALUG web pages,
and BALUG's lists, remained hosted on DreamHost.com hosting.

Anyway, that's no longer the case.  Absolutely nothing of BALUG.org
is hosted on DreamHost.com hosting any more.
DreamHost.com freedom (from) day arrived to BALUG.org
early this past Monday.  Since then we are - and shall remain,
100% free of DreamHost.  Yippie! ... (and *finally*).

Oh, and yes, this was all accomplished with relatively minimal
pain/annoyance to the well over 800 list subscribers BALUG has.
Except for passwords, all user settings/preferences were preserved
and moved over, and there's use of transitional domain temp.balug.org,
which will again settle to lists.balug.org ... but not (fully) there
quite yet.

And yes, we have our archives ... at least what was on DreamHost.com
that they'd not irretrievably lost earlier ... plus of course the
newer postings.

But .. this doesn't seem all that much like a test post?  ;-)