[Balug-admin] (forw) [Balug-talk] why no job announcements?....

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 20 01:55:57 PDT 2005

This _question_ (to which I've not replied) may or not keep arising,
but I get the feeling that recruiters (and thus jobs postings) are back,
because, it seems, the local job market is ramping up.  Again.

Last time (about 1997-1999), pretty much all the LUG mailing lists were
blitzed by recruiters' jobs postings -- to the point where many had to
enact and (sometimes) enforce jobs _policies_.

In case we-all want to consider having one -- either now or when/if
(e.g.) multiple duplicate postings per day become a problem -- here's
CABAL's policy at http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/conspire :

  While we appreciate the need for jobs postings, they easily overwhelm
  this small mailing list: So, you must submit them via e-mail to the
  listadmin, who'll decide whether to post them. Reasons why the answer
  has been "no" in the past have included their having already been posted
  to other local LUG mailing lists. (We get tired of seeing the same posts
  everywhere.)

----- Forwarded message from Kathryn Tate <kathryntate@comcast.net> -----